Now that you're finally done with last minute extended taxes, you're probably ready for a vacation. While you’re lounging on a beach in the Caribbean sipping on a sweet drink and soaking up the sun, your job may be the last thing on your mind. But if you happen to be reading this article, here are a few ways you can make your job easier in the next fiscal year. Thus, leading to more soaking of the sun and more relaxation.
Automation, automation, automation
While location, location, location may be on your mind. The new term flowing around the accounting technology world is automation – meaning, to streamline typically monotonous tasks and hundreds of equations and factors into instantaneous, accurate and digestible information. No more wasting your life in excel spreadsheets and clicking your calculator until your fingers cramp; you can now utilize software that integrates with your clients’ QuickBooks software to instantly view the overall health their business, pinpoint risk indicators and provide an ongoing plan for growth. You can view some of the top accounting software programs for this year at The Sleeter Group Accounting Solutions Conference.
Keep up with current tax regulations
Depending on where your clients are, you may need to be aware of multiple state tax changes, along with ongoing federal updates. The best way to do this is to subscribe to top trade publications such as Accounting Today, Accounting Web, CPA Practice Advisor and Journal of Accountancy. These journals send out daily/weekly e-mail blasts that include major tax regulation changes; by scanning through these while you’re on your morning commute, you could save yourself hours of study time.
There’s an app for that – find the best one for you
Nowadays the solution to most business woes can be found with a simple Google search or by looking in the app store. There’s a wide variety of accounting apps with different functions – it’s just a matter of what type of business your clients have. Here are a few of the top apps we’ve found to be useful.
- Expensify – Simplifies your clients’ expense reports. The mobile app makes it easy for users to upload receipts via e-mail, scanner, or by taking a picture.
- MethodCRM – MethodCRM provides a fully customizable CRM for QuickBooks users that organizes their business so they get more done.
- Finagraph – Instant visual access to your clients’ financials. Everything from quick ratios to inventory turnover days to competitor comparisons.
- ZenCash – Follows up on invoices via phone call, e-mail and yes even, letters.
- Payment Evolution – A cloud payroll systems that integrates with QuickBooks, Xero, FreshBooks, Saasu and Kashoo.
The best part about all of these three steps (cloud-based automation, tax regulation e-mail updates and accounting apps) is that they can all be accessed remotely! So go ahead, stay in your vacation home a little bit longer. This year is going to be a lot easier for you.